Exact Limit of the Expected Periodogram in the Unit-Root case
AbstractWe derive the limit of the expected periodogram in the unit-root case under general conditions. This function is seen to be independent of time, thus sharing a fundamental property with the stationary case equivalent. We discuss the consequences of this result to the frequency domain interpretation of filtered integrated time series.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department in its series Working Papers with number w200713.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Valle e Azevedo, João, 2007. "Exact Limit of the Expected Periodogram in the Unit-Root Case," MPRA Paper 6553, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Velasco, Carlos, 1999. "Non-stationary log-periodogram regression," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 325-371, August.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1999. "Discrete Fourier Transforms of Fractional Processes," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1243, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Valle e Azevedo, João, 2007.
"Interpretation of the Effects of Filtering Integrated Time Series,"
6574, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- João Valle e Azevedo, 2007. "Interpretation of the Effects of Filtering Integrated Time Series," Working Papers w200712, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (DEE-NTDD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.