El Riesgo País y el Tipo de Cambio Nominal entre el Perú y Estados Unidos. Una aproximación a través de un Modelo de Mercado de Activos de determinación del Tipo de Cambio. (1998:12 – 2007:12)
[The Country Risk and the nominal exchange rate between Peru and the United States. An approach through a model of asset markets for determining the exchange rate. (1998:12 - 2007:12)]
AbstractThis paper tries to explain, using a model that includes asset market risk country, the behavior of nominal exchange rate, as well as determine the impact of this risk in determining the exchange rate, also seeks to establish whether the exchange rate is below the level predicted by their bases to determine whether they have to take steps to bring its level of long-term. The econometric methodology used is that of the ordinary least squares, the results are consistent with the logic and economic theory, it shows that among the country risk and exchange rate there is a direct relationship, namely that reductions of country risk generate currency appreciations, also shows evidence that the nominal exchange rate is below its equilibrium level.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 9540.
Date of creation: 14 Apr 2008
Date of revision:
Riesgo país; Tipo de Cambio Nomina; Modelos de mercado de activos; Tipo de cambio de equilibrio;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F42 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - International Policy Coordination and Transmission
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-07-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-IFN-2008-07-20 (International Finance)
- NEP-MON-2008-07-20 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-OPM-2008-07-20 (Open Economy Macroeconomic)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.