Desarrollo Territorial Rural en America Latina: Discurso y Realidades
[Territorial Rural Development in Latin America and the Caribbean: Discourses and Realities]
AbstractThe reorientation occurred in the socioeconomic, politic and institutional development of the Latin American and Caribbean countries, since 80's decade, provoke significant transformations in the regional rural spaces. The socioeconomic bipolarization is one of the most remarkable phenomena in the new conditions of the rural areas: by one side, was conformed a dynamic sector of companies, familiar's producers and external investors, dedicated to goods exportation or a different non agriculture rural activities (NARA). On the other side, numerous rural families, without the resources and the capabilities to compete with the imported goods, were gradually excluded. The NARA and the familiar pluriactivity are two ways used by the rural families to incomes generations in this new context. But the persistent poverty shows that many of them couldn't obtain the resources needed for their wealth. The Territorial Rural Development Strategies (TRDS) are one of the proposals to impulse the productive, social and institutional development in the rural areas. But these strategies confront serious obstacles to concrete their objectives and to promote the population participation and the rural wealth. In this paper were analyzed the main obstacles to encourage the TRDS in the region.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 8468.
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
Política Económica; Desarrollo Rural; Desarrollo Territorial Rural; Políticas Públicas; Actores Sociales; participación;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
- Q00 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - General
- A20 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - General
- D30 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - General
- H00 - Public Economics - - General - - - General
- N56 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - Latin America; Caribbean
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
- H70 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - General
- F00 - International Economics - - General - - - General
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mora-Alfaro, Jorge, 2005.
"Desarrollo socioeconómico y pobreza en América Latina y el Caribe
[Socio Economic Development and poverty in Latin America and the Caribbean]," MPRA Paper 1529, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mora-Alfaro, Jorge, 2013.
"Desarrollo rural y ciudadanía social: Territorios, instituciones y actores locales
[Rural Development and Social Citizenship: Territories, Institutions and Local Actors]," MPRA Paper 46671, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Acosta Reveles, Irma Lorena, 2008.
"El enfoque de la nueva ruralidad como eje de las políticas publicas. ¿Qué podemos esperar?
[The paradigm of new rurality as the axis of public policies. What can we expect?]," MPRA Paper 10042, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2008.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.