Active Measures for Stimulating the Employment of Labour Force and its Impact in the Gorj County
AbstractIn Romania the government tried to stimulate the employment trough active measures since 2002. Therefore, there are two types of measures: one that attempts to increase the chances of employment of the persons that are looking to work. These measures include the following: job-matching services, information and counselling services, organizing vocational training courses, benefits granting to the unemployed who take up employment before the end of the period of entitlement to the unemployment benefit, the stimulation of the labour force mobility. The other one is destined to stimulate employment of the unemployed (unemployed over 45 years or single providers for the monoparental family, unemployed who are three years away from pension, graduates, disabled persons) and create new jobs through granting loans to SME’s for new jobs creation. In fact, the paper is a guide of the active measures used to employment in Romania. In the end, we present the impact of those measures calculated for Gorj County till December 2006.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 8043.
Date of creation: 02 Apr 2007
Date of revision:
employment; active measures; job-matching services; information and counselling services; organizing vocational training courses; benefits granting to the unemployed; force mobility;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E2 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment
- O17 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- P48 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Political Economy; Legal Institutions; Property Rights; Natural Resources; Energy; Environment; Regional Studies
- E26 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Informal Economy; Underground Economy
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Busan Gabriela & Ciurlau Loredana & Florea Ianc Maria Mirabela, 2013. "Economic Crisis Impact On The Labor Market In The Region South-West Oltenia," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 3, pages 17-23, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.