Adapting the Romanian rural economy to the European agricultural policy from the perspective of sustainable development
AbstractOne of the major objectives of the Common Agricultural Policy is the sustainable development of the agricultural sector and of the rural area. Romania, as a country recent integrated in the European Union, has to pass an adapting process to the CAP, in order to achieve sustainable farming development. The analysis presented in the paper refers to the actual development stage of the sustainable agriculture in Romania and demonstrates the important efforts made on this line, also the very necessary actions for implementing the sustainable development strategy of the rural economy. Realizing this objective is a real chance for Romanian agriculture in order to increase the competitiveness on the EU market, valorizing in this manner its agricultural potential.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 7989.
Date of creation: 29 Mar 2008
Date of revision:
rural economy; sustainable development; European agricultural policy; efficiency; farming strategy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- Q1 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- O13 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2008-04-15 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2008-04-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2008-04-15 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2008-04-15 (Transition Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Burja Vasile, 2008. "Sustainable Development Strategic Directions For Agricultural Holdings," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 2(1), pages 586-589, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.