Il decentramento produttivo in Romania in tre distretti del Nord-Est
AbstractIn manufacturing industry in Italy outsourcing abroad is becoming increasingly important and Veneto firms are on the forefront. This study presents the results of a direct survey conducted on 24 firms, both in Veneto and in Romania. The article examines the participation of Veneto firms in the global value chains and discusses their different organization. Shoe firms, very labour intensive, use mainly subcontracting aiming at reducing the cost of labour. In the furniture sector the main aim is the control the wood supply, and this requires direct investments abroad. In the air-conditioning and refrigerating sector, firms are more interested in the control of new markets and in impeding the development of local competition, and this is obtained through local producing (and assembling) and some limited subcontracting.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 754.
Date of creation: Sep 2006
Date of revision:
Global value Chains; Veneto; Romania; Industrial Sectors: Footwear; Furniture; Refrigeration and Air Conditioning;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L68 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Appliances; Furniture; Other Consumer Durables
- L67 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Other Consumer Nondurables
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- L64 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Other Machinery; Business Equipment; Armaments
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.