Exact Limit of the Expected Periodogram in the Unit-Root Case
AbstractWe derive the limit of the expected periodogram in the unit-root case under general conditions. This function is seen to be time-independent, thus sharing a fundamental property with the stationary case equivalent. We discuss the consequences of this result to the frequency domain interpretation of filtered integrated time series.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 6553.
Date of creation: 21 Sep 2007
Date of revision:
Periodogram; Unit root;
Other versions of this item:
- João Valle e Azevedo, 2007. "Exact Limit of the Expected Periodogram in the Unit-Root case," Working Papers w200713, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-01-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2008-01-12 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2008-01-12 (Econometric Time Series)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1999. "Discrete Fourier Transforms of Fractional Processes," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1243, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Velasco, Carlos, 1999.
"Non-stationary log-periodogram regression,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 325-371, August.
- Velasco, Carlos, . "Non-stationary log-periodogram regression," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/4554, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Velasco, Carlos, . "Non-stationary log-periodogram regression," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/4346, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Andrés Bujosa & Marcos Bujosa & Antonio García Ferrer, 2002. "A Note on the Pseudo-Spectra and the Pseudo-Covariance Generating Functions of ARMA Processes," Documentos del Instituto Complutense de AnÃ¡lisis EconÃ³mico 0203, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
- Valle e Azevedo, João, 2007.
"Interpretation of the Effects of Filtering Integrated Time Series,"
6574, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- João Valle e Azevedo, 2007. "Interpretation of the Effects of Filtering Integrated Time Series," Working Papers w200712, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.