Measurement Of Need For Harmonization Between National Accounting Standards And International Financial Reporting Standards
AbstractThis study analyzes the quantification methods of the harmonization degree between the national accounting settlements and the international accounting standards. Starting from the presentation of the main methods used for this purpose such as - Euclidean distances, Jaccard’s coefficients, Spearman’s coefficients and other nonparametric methods for rank correlation analysis – we suggest a method of quantification for the need of harmonization between the national accounting standards and the financial reporting international ones. Beyond the certainty of a quantification model foe this need, we analyze in the present study the situation of 33 states selected through reporting at a global level. The main achievement of this study is represented by the concept of pre-formal harmonization and the method to quantify it, strongly connected with the general accepted concepts of formal and material harmonization of accounting.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 6183.
Date of creation: 08 Dec 2007
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Journal of International Business and Economics 3.VII(2007): pp. 23-46
financial reporting standards; pre-formal harmonization; measurement of harmonization;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Emenyonu, Emmanuel N. & Gray, Sidney J., 1996. "International accounting harmonization and the major developed stock market countries: An empirical study," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 269-279.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.