Custo de capital de indústrias reguladas no Brasil
[Cost of capital of regulated industries in Brazil]
AbstractThe cost of capital determination for regulated industries is extremely important, both to regulators and firms, since through the pertinent rate of return it becomes possible to maintain the sustainability and expansion of the public service. The attractiveness of investments to infrastructure is essential to allow sustained economic growth, especially in emerging countries such as Brazil. Therefore, it is necessary to establish a consistent methodology for the cost of capital estimation to each regulated industry in Brazil, in order to lead potential investors, regulatory agencies and other governmental agencies involved. This work is focused on providing the subsidies necessary for the cost of capital estimation to each regulated sector in Brazil.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 5396.
Date of creation: Jun 2004
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Revista do BNDES 21.11(2004): pp. 139-164
Custo de Capital; Revisão Tarifária; Infra-estrutura;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kátia Rocha & Gabriel Fiuza de Bragança & Fernando Camacho, 2006. "Remuneração de Capital das Distribuidoras de Energia Elétrica: Uma Análise Comparativa," Discussion Papers 1153, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Bragança, Gabriel & Rocha, Katia & Camacho, Fernando, 2006.
"A taxa de remuneração do capital e a nova regulação das telecomunicações
[Cost of capital and the new regulation of telecommunications services]," MPRA Paper 5400, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gabriel Fiuza de Bragança & Katia Rocha & Fernando Camacho, 2006. "A Taxa de Remuneração do Capital e a Nova Regulação das Telecomunicações," Discussion Papers 1160, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.