[Pension Reforming——The Dilemma between Efficiency and Fairnes]
AbstractThis paper uses an OLG model to analyze the dilemma between efficiency and fairness, and then give a numerical simulation for China’s reform practice in pension system with Chinese data.Results showed that :1)Compared to efficiency and fair distribution, partial full-funded syste- m was better than full-funded system, and worse than pay-as-you-go system.2)Based on the situat- ion of China ,it is reasonable to choose and keep partial full-funded system. Labor production is t- he key factor in improving efficiency and fair distribution,more investment was needed to improve human capital,and the school education and vocational education also need to pay more attention.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 49579.
Date of creation: 05 Jan 2013
Date of revision: 23 Jul 2013
Pension; Efficiency; Fairness; Pension Reform;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brunner, Johann K., 1993. "Redistribution and the efficiency of the pay-as-you-go pension system," Discussion Papers, Series 1 265, University of Konstanz, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.