Managerial Decision Making in Geopolitically Turbulent Environments
AbstractThe presented paper is a presentation of final results of research led throughout past years on a group of Polish and international SME’s. The essential aim was the elaboration of a decision – making model including both qualitative and quantitative factors that influence decision – making processes. Most focus has been put on geopolitical determinants of international companies’ development. In order to narrow the research field, a further limitation has been made in the type of undertaken solutions. This resulted in focusing on managerial rather than strategic decisions, although long – term strategic planning still can be enhanced through application of proposed method. The research methodology has been based on Analytic Hierarchy Process applied for assessment of individual and collective utility of various indexes describing the actual economic situation and short – term prospects of enterprises operating locally (inside Poland) and internationally. The presented final stage of research draws attention to expert evaluations of 6 professional experts carefully chosen from a group of 31 skilled managers interviewed in preliminary research phase. The study ends with a proposal of a qualitative – quantitative decision making model anticipating geopolitical factors in order to improve the quality of managerial decision making in international enterprises.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 45408.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Analytic Hierarchy Process; Geopolitical Factors; Development Indexes; Decision Making Model;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C38 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Classification Methdos; Cluster Analysis; Principal Components; Factor Analysis
- F01 - International Economics - - General - - - Global Outlook
- F69 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - Other
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Siklós, Balazs & Gawlik, Remigiusz, 2013. "Managing the Quality of Higher Education in Scope of Some Theories," MPRA Paper 45413, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gawlik, Józef & Gawlik, Remigiusz, 2011. "Production Engineering - Personnel Education for the Needs of Market Economy," MPRA Paper 45410, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.