Ecosystem Services - Eine Einführung
[Ecosystem Services - An introduction]
AbstractThe Ecosystem Service approach has gained a lot of attention lately, as it interlinks ecosystems with the benefits humans derive from them. The Knowledge Flow paper at hand is giving a first overview of the Ecosystem Service approach. The paper focuses on the basic understanding of the concept and the definition of the term Ecosystem Services. It serves as a starting point for the development of a multiple classification system as a tool for ecosystem service inventories, assessment, and valuation studies. The paper briefly deals with the opportunities and challenges of an economic valuation of ecosystem services and provides the main research questions concerning an ecological assessment of ecosystems services.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 44258.
Date of creation: Jun 2010
Date of revision:
Ecosystem Services; Biodiversity; Valuation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters
- Q57 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Ecological Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moberg, Fredrik & Folke, Carl, 1999. "Ecological goods and services of coral reef ecosystems," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 215-233, May.
- Boyd, James & Banzhaf, Spencer, 2007. "What are ecosystem services? The need for standardized environmental accounting units," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2-3), pages 616-626, August.
- Fisher, Brendan & Turner, R. Kerry & Morling, Paul, 2009. "Defining and classifying ecosystem services for decision making," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 643-653, January.
- de Groot, Rudolf S. & Wilson, Matthew A. & Boumans, Roelof M. J., 2002. "A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 393-408, June.
- Geoffrey Heal, 2000. "Biodiversity in the Marketplace," World Economics, World Economics, Economic & Financial Publishing, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, World Economics, Economic & Financial Publishing, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 1(4), pages 149-177, October.
- Costanza, Robert & Farber, Steve, 2002. "Introduction to the special issue on the dynamics and value of ecosystem services: integrating economic and ecological perspectives," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 367-373, June.
- Ojea, Elena & Loureiro, Maria L., 2007. "Altruistic, egoistic and biospheric values in willingness to pay (WTP) for wildlife," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(4), pages 807-814, September.
- Norgaard, Richard B., 2010. "Ecosystem services: From eye-opening metaphor to complexity blinder," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 1219-1227, April.
- Loft, Lasse & Lux, Alexandra, 2010.
"Ecosystem Services - Ökonomische Analyse ihres Verlusts, ihre Bewertung und Steuerung
[Ecosystem Services - Economic Analysis of their loss, their valuation and regulation]," MPRA Paper 44259, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.