Ethnicity, Confession and Intercultural Dialogue at the European Union’s East Border
AbstractThis present volume contains the papers of the international conference Ethnicity, Confession and Intercultural Dialogue at the European Union’s East Border, held in Oradea between 2nd-5th of June 2011, organized by Institute for Euroregional Studies Oradea-Debrecen, University of Oradea and Department of International Relations and European Studies, with the support of the European Commission and Bihor County Council.This volume is funded by the project of Action Jean Monnet Programme of the European Commission n. 176197-LLP-1-2010-1-RO-AJM-MO. CONTENTS INTRODUCTORY STUDIES Mircea BRIE Ethnicity, Religion and Intercultural Dialogue in the European Border Space; Ioan HORGA Ethnicity, Religion and Intercultural Education in the Curricula of European Studies ; MINORITY AND MAJORITY IN THE EASTERN EUROPEAN AREA Victoria BEVZIUC Electoral Systems and Minorities Representations in the Eastern European Area ; Sergiu CORNEA, Valentina CORNEA Administrative Tools in the Protection and Promotion of the Rights of Ethnic Minorities ; Florica ŞTEFĂNESCU Demographic Determinants of the Economic-Financial Crisis ; Yuriy YURIYCHUK Ukrainian Minority in Romania: Problems of National Identity Preserving , Sonia CATRINA Identity Perceptions and Buildings of the Hungarian Minority in Relationship with the Romanian Majority Identifications ; Gheorghe ŞIŞEŞTEAN Marital Strategies and Identity Changes of Romanians in Hungary (Hajdu-Bihar) ; Constantin-Vasile ŢOCA Ethnical Analysis within Bihor-Hajdú Bihar Euroregion ; Anna GORBAN Ethnic and Socio-Cultural Aspects of Political Culture in Moldova ; Mircea BRIE, István POLGÁR Dual Citizenship Granted to Hungarian Ethnics. Context and Arguments in the Romanian and Hungarian Mass Media ; Natalia PUTINĂ The Socio-Political Dilemas of Integration of Gagauz in Republic of Moldova ; Aurelian LAVRIC Romanian Ethnic Minority in Ukraine: Current Issues and Prospects of Survival; Stelian NISTOR, Sorin ŞIPOŞ Historical and Geographical Considerations about the Slovak Communities in the Villages of Upper Bistra Valley, Bihor County ; THE PHENOMENON OF MIGRATION IN EUROPE Judit MOLNÁR The integration Process of Immigrants in Scotland, UK and in Washington State, USA. Immigrants from Countries of the Former Soviet Union ; Valeriu MOSNEAGA, Rodica RUSU Diaspora as an Element of Cultural-Ethnic Cohesion ; Valentina-Tania DUNA, Dacian DUNA War, Migration and Societal Security: The Case of the Iraqi Kurdish Diasporas in Europe ; Adrian-Claudiu POPOVICIU Labour Migration Reflected in the Council of Europe Law ; Alexandra CSEKE Integration of Immigrants in the European Union ; Kobasheni Moopen PARUMAUL Migration in Europe Against the Backdrop of the Global Revolution – An African Perspective ; MANAGING INTERETHNIC RELATIONS AND EUROPEEAN SECURITY Anatoliy KRUGLASOV Interethnic Relations Stability on the Ukraine-Romania Border: A Case of Chernivtsi Region ; Dorin I. DOLGHI The Culture of Security: Perceptions and Preference Formation in the European Union ; Srimayee DAM Re-interpreting the Civic-Ethnic Divide on the European Identity ; Pavlo MOLOCHKO Peculiarities of Ethnonational Policy of Ukraine (Illustrated by the Example of the Chernivtsi Region) ; Dragoş DĂRĂBĂNEANU Ethnicity and Multicultural Communication in Shaping the European Social Space ; Grigore SILAŞI, Monica BOLDEA The Romanian Banat Region – An Example of Peaceful Interethnic Cohabitation at the Eastern Border of the European Union ; Floare CHIPEA, Raluca MICLEA The Social Frameworks of the Neighbourhood Relationships` Construction in the Cross-Border Area Bihor-Hajdú-Bihár ; Sergiu BĂLŢĂTESCU Subjective Well-Being and Satisfaction with Places of Residence in the Counties at the Cross-Border Between Hungary and Romania ; Aurora BENCIC, Teodor Ioan HODOR Transdniestria. Ethnic Conflict or Geopolitical Interests? ; Ecaterina CEBAN The Role of Political Parties in Harmonization of Interethnic Relations (Case of the Republic of Moldova) ; Nataliya NECHAYEVA-YURIYCHUK National Development Beyond the Nation-State: Problems and Prospects ; Elisabetta NADALUTTI Old and New Identities in the Upper Adriatic: is a Cross-Border Kind of Citizenship Emerging in Cross-Border Regions? ; Dragos Lucian IVAN Differentiated Containment: Compass and Horizon in Untying Ethhnicity and Interest within EU ; Claudia Anamaria IOV The Roma Minority - the Prospects and Limits of EU’s Social Policy, what Could or Should the EU be Doing? ; George ANGLIŢOIU The Belgian Dilemma of Partition. A Pattern Study for the East ;
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 44082.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision: 2011
ethnicity; confession; intercultural dialogue; European Union; border; minority; majority; migration;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J8 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Standards
- F5 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy
- N3 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Horga, Ioan & Brie, Mircea, 2010. "Europe between Exclusive Borders and Inclusive Frontiers," MPRA Paper 44156, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
- David E. Bloom & David Canning & Jaypee Sevilla, 2001. "The Effect of Health on Economic Growth: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 8587, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brie, Ioan & Brie, Mircea, 2008. "The Interreligious Dialogue in the Context of the New Europe: The European Ecumenical Movement," MPRA Paper 44118, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2008.
- Gilles Pison, 2009. "Le vieillissement démographique sera plus rapide au Sud qu’au Nord," Population et SociÃ©tÃ©s 457, Institut National d'Études Démographiques (INED).
- Horga, Ioan & Brie, Mircea, 2010. "Europe: A Cultural Border, or a Geo-cultural Archipelago," MPRA Paper 44120, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 1010.
- Brie, Mircea & Horga, Ioan, 2009. "The european union external border. an epistemological approach," MPRA Paper 44173, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2009.
- Brie, Mircea, 2010. "European Culture between Diversity and Unity," MPRA Paper 44083, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
- Horga, Ioan & Brie, Mircea, 2013. "Can be Hungarian-Ukrainian-Romanian-Moldovan an Inclusive Frontier of Europe?," MPRA Paper 52772, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Blaga, Daniela & Brie, Mircea, 2013. "Differentiated Integration - from Theory to Practice. Determiners in the Integration Process of the Western Balkans: Ethnicity," MPRA Paper 52528, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.