Urgent tasks for research on Russian TNCs
AbstractRapid cross-border expansion of Russian firms in the past decade has stimulated much research interest in Russian foreign direct investment (FDI), especially since 2003. This paper identifies several problems in the existing literature which still persist, in spite of the significant progress in research on Russian transnational corporations (TNCs). The paper stresses the importance of Russia’s unique recent history and its implications for the choice of investment destination for Russian firms. This paper concludes by suggesting that studies focusing on a more nuanced influence of the State on large as well as small and mediumsized Russian TNCs should be undertaken.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 42702.
Date of creation: Dec 2010
Date of revision:
Russian TNCs; multidisciplinary approach; internationalization; the post-communist economy; FDI drivers; neighbourhood effect; state support;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kalotay, Kalman, 2004. "The European flying geese: New FDI patterns for the old continent?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 27-49, April.
- Alexander Bulatov, 2001. "Russian Direct Investment Abroad: History, Motives, Finance, Control and Planning," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 179-194, October.
- Bulatov, Alexander S, 2001. " Russian Direct Investment Abroad: History, Motives, Finance, Control and Planning," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 179-94.
- Filippov, Sergey, 2008. "Russia's emerging multinationals: trends and issues," UNU-MERIT Working Paper Series 062, United Nations University, Maastricht Economic and social Research and training centre on Innovation and Technology.
- Welch, Catherine L. & Welch, Lawrence S., 2009. "Re-internationalisation: Exploration and conceptualisation," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 567-577, December.
- Kalotay, Kalman, 2008. "Russian transnationals and international investment paradigms," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 85-107, June.
- Andreff, Wladimir, 2002. "The new multinational corporations from transition countries," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 371-379, December.
- Moon, Hwy-Chang & Roehl, Thomas W., 2001. "Unconventional foreign direct investment and the imbalance theory," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 197-215, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.