A Macroeconomic Model for Romania's Flexible Exchange Rate System
AbstractThe transition process of the Romanian economy motivated the design of a model that provides for a parsimonious representation of the structure of the economy, exploits the increased availability of data for the system of national accounts, and recognizes time-variant parameters that can result from the transition process. The major features of the model include (1) the simultaneous determination of the overall production and expenditures of the Romanian economy, (2) the development of income concepts by sector, (3) the determination of wages and prices in each sector, and (4) the determination of value added by the primary and secondary sector within the system of equations. The results allow for considerable flexibility in its usage for forecasting, selection of the policy mix and instruments for the targets of a program, and the determination of the appropriate sequencing of policies. USAID/Romania and National Commission for Economic Forecasting of the Council for Coordination, Strategy, and Economic Reform of the Government of Romania.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 41162.
Date of creation: Nov 1994
Date of revision:
Romania; macroeconometric model; model simulations;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- O2 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- O21 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Planning Models; Planning Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.