Essai de justification de la croissance des dépenses publiques au Cameroun
[Attempt to justify the growth of public expenditure in Cameroon]
AbstractOur study identifies factors which base evolution of public expenditure to Cameroon and their effects on wellbeing of individuals. More specifically it is a question of analyzing principal determinants of growth of public expenditure in Cameroon. The empirical results indicate that, starting from a model of unbalance where aspects of supply and demand of public expenditure are taken into account simultaneously, which standard of living apprehended starting from real income, is principal factor which explains the request. This validates Wagner’s law in case of Cameroon. Side of offer, factors such as effect Baumol and the amount of taxes have a significant influence.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 40822.
Date of creation: 09 Sep 2009
Date of revision: 10 Dec 2011
Public expenditure; Unbalance’s model; Wagner’s law; Baumol’s effect;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- H50 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - General
- O55 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Philippe Aghion & Peter Howitt, 1990.
"A Model of Growth Through Creative Destruction,"
NBER Working Papers
3223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1990. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," DELTA Working Papers 90-12, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1989. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 8904, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1989. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," Working papers 527, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.