Marriage and Corruption : An empirical analysis on european data
AbstractIn recent years the topic of corruption has attracted a great deal of attention. However, there is still a lack of substantial empirical evidence about the determinants of corruption. Despite an increasing interest of economists in the determinants of corruption, the factor of marriage has been widely neglected in the literature. The results suggest a positive but ambiguous effect marriage on corruption.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 40311.
Date of creation: 27 Jul 2012
Date of revision:
corruption; marriage; vulnerability; Europe;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- J12 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Marriage; Marital Dissolution; Family Structure
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Social and Economic Stratification
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Abdiweli M. Ali & Hoden Said Isse, 2003. "Determinants of Economic Corruption: A Cross-Country Comparison," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 22(3), pages 449-466, Winter.
- Chaudhry, Mumtaz Anwar & Shabbir, Ghulam, 2007.
"Determinants of corruption in developing countries,"
HWWI Research Papers
2-11, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Ghulam Shabbir & Mumtaz Anwar, 2007. "Determinants of Corruption in Developing Countries," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 46(4), pages 751-764.
- Kodila-Tedika, Oasis & Azia-Dimbu, Florentin & Kalemasi-Mosengo, Cedrick, 2012. "Divorce and Corruption: New Study, New Data," MPRA Paper 39815, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.