Romanian seismic design code: benchmarking analyses with reference to international codes and research needs for future development
AbstractThe paper presents conclusions from a technical benchmarking study, performed in order to analyze the performance of the provisions concerning seismic design of reinforced concrete frame structures, as specified by the Romanian seismic code (P100-1/2006). The Romanian code is analyzed with respect to the European standard EN 1998-1:2004, including its National Annex, and with the U. S. codes IBC 2009 and ACI 318 08. The benchmarking analyses were performed by designing a standard reinforced concrete structure according to each of the considered codes and by evaluating the seismic behavior of the structural designs thus obtained. Comparative assessments are made, as well as suggestions concerning potential future research directions, aimed to the improvement of the Romanian provisions in the field.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 39541.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in CONSTRUCTII 2.12(2011): pp. 55-64
seismic design code; reinforced concrete frames; P100; Eurocode; IBC 2009;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O25 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Industrial Policy
- O38 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
- O57 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- L74 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Construction
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters
- L88 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Government Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.