Measuring and managing the impact of risk on organizations: The Case of Kosovo
AbstractAfter the 2008 events that occurred in world financial markets, all organizations have increased interest in risk management. It is very clear that risk management brings benefits to the organization. By taking a proactive approach to risk and risk management, organizations will be able to manage to improve performance and results in the areas of the operations performance, the development of processes and projects, and the selection and implementation of alternative development strategies. Business firms in Kosovo have changed their approach to risk management in recent times. Reasons for that ‘approach evolution’ are based on recent losses in some of commercial banks, insurance companies, pension trust, and some negative trends in Kosovo real economy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 38975.
Date of creation: 05 May 2012
Date of revision: 22 May 2012
Risk; returns; organization; operations; processes; strategy; rsik quantification; risk management; risk insurance;
Other versions of this item:
- Arbiana Govori, 2012. "Measuring And Managing The Impact Of Risk On Organizations: The Case Of Kosovo," Journal of Advanced Research in Management, ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(1), pages 17-26, June.
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- M1 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
- M2 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-IAS-2012-05-29 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-PPM-2012-05-29 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-RMG-2012-05-29 (Risk Management)
- NEP-TRA-2012-05-29 (Transition Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.