Mezzogiorno e Italia. Produttività, accumulazione e divario territoriale
[The Mezzogiorno in the Italian economy over the last twenty years: productivity, accumulation and divergence]
AbstractIn this paper we shed lights on the economic growth of Mezzogiorno of Italy during the last twenty years. The empirical analyses refer to various aspects of the Mezzogiorno economy: income per capita, labor productivity, public and private accumulation and competitiveness. The main contribution of this paper is to provide a key to explain the actual weackness of Mezzogiorno. More precisely, we argue that the effectiveness of regional policies has been affected by national legal rules that have had different effects across regions. In addition, the effectiveness of regional policies has been diminished by attributing importance to regional governments as control centres of public intervention.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 35290.
Date of creation: Feb 2010
Date of revision:
Mezzogiorno; growth; accumulation; productivity; regional policy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- E00 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - General
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Giannola A., 2000. "La nuova programmazione. Evoluzione e restaurazione," Rivista economica del Mezzogiorno, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 747-768.
- Domenico SCALERA & Alberto ZAZZARO, 2010. "L'economia del Mezzogiorno. Nuova politica regionale, crisi globale e federalismo fiscale," Working Papers 337, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.