Three scenarios for TV in 2015
AbstractBy offering three visions of the future of television through 2015, this article aims to highlight some of the socio-economic changes that the television sector may experience in the long term. It highlights the structuring impact that PVR could have on the sector, as well as the upheavals that may arise from a new paradigm of internet TV. It also highlights the options now open to TV channel operators wishing to set up a mobile TV service and the threats facing mobile telecommunications operators in the development of this market as a result.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 3519.
Date of creation: Jun 2006
Date of revision:
television; forecast; media usages;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-06-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-FOR-2007-06-18 (Forecasting)
- NEP-INO-2007-06-18 (Innovation)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frédéric Huet & Dominique Boullier, 2008. "Dematerialization in the AV industry, from boxes to attention. A case study of a newcomer, Tivo," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/f0uohitsgqh, Sciences Po.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/f0uohitsgqh8dhk97h4g42cj9 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.