Raţionalitatea în economie: de la homo oeconomicus la homo irationalis
[Rationality in Economics: from Homo Oeconomicus to „Homo Irationalis”]
AbstractThe aim of the present paper is an attempt to build a scaffolding with the help of which, the concept of “rationality” will be explored from the philosophic and also economic point of view, with the purpose of highlighting that Econometrics and other purely quantitative scientific demonstrations are subject to serious errors. The starting issue is given by the usage of the "rationality" concept in the economic science, the way that it can change the result of the human action and also the risk of treating the rational as being irrational by only taking into account the results of a sole action.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 33379.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
rationality; irationality; human action; homo oeconomicus; homo irationalis;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- N01 - Economic History - - General - - - Development of the Discipline: Historiographical; Sources and Methods
- E29 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Other
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Manishi Prasad & Peter Wahlqvist & Rich Shikiar & Ya-Chen Tina Shih, 2004. "A," PharmacoEconomics, Springer Healthcare | Adis, vol. 22(4), pages 225-244.
- Constantinescu, Radu, 2012.
"Repere ale raţionalităţii limitate în ştiinţa economică
[Highlights of bounded rationality in economics]," MPRA Paper 44297, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Feb 2013.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.