The Keynesian and the convergence theories in the Portuguese manufactured industry
AbstractThis work aims to test the Verdoorn Law, with the alternative specifications of (1)Kaldor (1966), for the five Portuguese regions (NUTS II), from 1986 to 1994. It is intended to test, yet in this work, the alternative interpretation of (2)Rowthorn (1975) about the Verdoorn's Law for the same regions and period. The results of this study are about each one of the manufactured industries operating in the Portuguese regions. The aim of this paper is, also, to present a further contribution to the analysis of absolute convergence, associated with the neoclassical theory, of the manufactured industry productivity at regional level and for the period from 1986 to 1994.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 33371.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Verdoorn law; convergence theories; panel data; manufactured industries; Portuguese regions;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-09-22 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vitor Joao Pereira Domingues Martinho, 2011.
"Sectoral Convergence in Output Per Worker Between Portuguese Regions,"
- Martinho, Vítor João Pereira Domingues, 2011. "Sectoral convergence in output per worker between Portuguese regions," MPRA Paper 32269, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martinho, Vítor João Pereira Domingues, 2011.
"The Verdoorn law in the Portuguese regions: a panel data analysis,"
32186, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vitor Joao Pereira Domingues Martinho, 2011. "The Verdoorn Law in the Portuguese Regions: A Panel Data Analysis," Papers 1110.5544, arXiv.org.
- Islam, Nazrul, 1995. "Growth Empirics: A Panel Data Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 110(4), pages 1127-70, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.