Quale economia per i migranti?
[Which kind of economy for the migrants?]
AbstractThe problems of migrants, their economic condition, their needs to see some basic needs met, including the ability to work in a dignified manner, is discussed in my contribution placing at the centre of the discourse the question of values. The present contribution has sought to address the economic and social problems of migrants, in particular issues relating to labor and employment in Italy. The analysis has highlighted the plight of migrants, the problems related to their economic and social integration, the inequality and the employment and social marginalization that immigrants face. Finally, I have made some proposals on migrants based on the principles of legality, transparency and cooperation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 32529.
Date of creation: Aug 2011
Date of revision:
Migranti; lavoro; diseguaglianze; occupazione; sviluppo;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J6 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- J7 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-15 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rossana Cillo, 2010. "Economia sommersa e lavoro degli immigrati," ECONOMIA E SOCIETÀ REGIONALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2010(3), pages 25-34.
- Bruno Anastasia & Maurizio Gambuzza, 2010. "Immigrazione e nuove diseguaglianze. Introduzione al tema monografico," ECONOMIA E SOCIETÀ REGIONALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2010(3), pages 5-7.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.