Assessment of the Foreign Non-Government Organizations' Role in Sudan
AbstractThe study presented here reviews activities of NGOs in Sudan. That was a disputable issue that resulted in a mass expulsion of many in 2009. However¸ there were precedents of such expulsions in previous and following years. The paper discusses humanitarian work in Sudan, positive and negative sides. Reasons are that part of the hypothetical framework here is that their activities in the country are indispensible. The country still faces many humanitarian suffering in most of its regions and international aid is direly required. Thus, it is essential to rectify their modus operandi to be consistent with the culture of the country's people. The conclusions of the paper emphasize that such their humanitarian relief facilities are inadequate and that educational efforts are more needed to support a build-up of human capital. Malnutrition, inadequate homes and sanitation facilities are also common issues that should be within their aid targets. Those are axial factors that should be focused upon specially with escalating economic distress and secession of the Southern Sudan.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 32296.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Sudan; Internally Displaced People; Refugees Camps; NGOs; Education;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- N3 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- L31 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Nonprofit Institutions; NGOs
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
- L3 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-02 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.