Role of management control in small and medium enterprises performance assurance
AbstractThe emergence and development of small and medium enterprises has been and continues to be a driving force for the remarkable economic progress, influencing and accelerating economic growth through more efficient use of resources. Characterized by flexibility, mobility, innovation and capacity to adapt, SMEs have continued to play an important role in economic and social life of any country, positioning itself in the steadily growing economy. Preserving and bracing the role of SMEs in the harmonious development of economy in general and especially to the Romanian economy can be achieved through management control. Management control should intercede in the process of taking decisions and influence the optimal operation of small and medium enterprises. It seeks to control the ability of management to create added value and influence stakeholders in applying the practice of concrete actions to reduce operating costs. During the current businesses period, the companies are operating in an unstable environment which is unpredictable in time and space and distorting the information. At the same time, it is considered that the main engine for creating jobs in Europe and to preserve and revive the economy, is represented by small and medium enterprises.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 31159.
Date of creation: 27 May 2011
Date of revision:
management control; creativity; SME;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-06-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2011-06-04 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ENT-2011-06-04 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-SBM-2011-06-04 (Small Business Management)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Constanta Iacob & Maria Criveanu & Oana Staiculescu, 2011. "Measuring The Impact Of Creative Management Control On The Smes And Free Enterprises (Professions) Performances," Annals of University of Craiova - Economic Sciences Series, University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 3(39), pages 76-83.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.