Türkiye’de Tarım Sektöründe Kullanılan Mazota Yönelik Vergi ve Destekler
[Taxes and Subsidies for Diesel Fuel Used in Turkey's Agricultural]
AbstractUsage of diesel fuel increased in parallel with the increased usage of machines in the agricultural Sector in Turkey. Consequently, the cost of diesel fuel has taken a substantial share within the cost of agricultural products. The ongoing rising trend in diesel fuel prices forced subsidies for diesel fuel to be granted in Turkey's agricultural sector. Farmers have been granted subsidies for diesel fuel especially after the year 2000. When the subsidies for diesel fuel in the agricultural sector are compared with diesel fuel prices along with the taxes levied on the diesel fuel, it can be said that the level of subsidies for diesel fuel used in the agricultural sector are not too high. Diesel fuel is seen as a good source of income in Turkey in terms of taxation. A comparison of the price of diesel fuel in Turkey with the price of diesel fuel in other countries showed Turkey among the countries having the highest diesel fuel prices. Increasing agricultural production costs along with the decline in the prices of agricultural products in Turkey may deepen the ongoing crisis in Turkey's agricultural sector.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 28829.
Date of creation: 20 Jun 2009
Date of revision: 01 Feb 2010
Publication status: Published in Tarım Ekonomisi Dergisi 2010.16(2011): pp. 19-24
Diesel Fuel; Tax; Subsidization; Agriculture; Turkey;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H20 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - General
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Short, Sara D. & Livezey, Janet S., 2004. "Characteristics and Production Costs," Amber Waves, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, April.
- Foreman, Linda F., 2006. "Characteristics and Production Costs of U.S. Corn Farms, 2001," Economic Information Bulletin 7205, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.