The Impact of Domestic Resource Cost on the Comparative Advantages of Iran Crude Steel Sector
AbstractSteel is fundamental material for many industries that could produced by blast furnace (BF) and direct reduced Iron technology (DRI) .these two technologies differ from each other in term of difference of production cost, energy consumption, investment and environment issues. The purpose of this paper is to investigate comparative advantages of these two technologies by using domestic resource cost (DRC) method. It provides a comparison between the domestic costs to produce a specific good with its value added at international prices, which was done by Mckay (1999), DHEHIBI (2009), Ruiz (2003) and Bonjec (2002). The result suggests that that although both two technologies have its own comparative advantages, the blast furnace method (BF) would be more preferable than direct reduced Iron technology (DRI).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 26381.
Date of creation: 28 Dec 2009
Date of revision: 25 Oct 2010
Blast Furnace Technology; Direct Reduced Iron Technology; Crude Steel; Domestic Resource Cost; Shadow prices;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cockburn, J. & Siggel, E. & Coulibaly, M. & Vezina, S., 1998.
"Measuring Competitiveness and Its Sources: The Case of Mali's Manufacturing Sector,"
Equity and Growth through Economic Research
16, EAGER Publication/BHM.
- Cockburn, J. & Siggel, E. & Coulibaly, M. & Vezina, S., 1998. "Measuring Competitiveness and Its Sources: The Case of Mali's Manufacturing Sector," Papers 16, Bell Communications - Economic Research Group.
- Bruno, Michael, 1972. "Domestic Resource Costs and Effective Protection: Clarification and Synthesis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(1), pages 16-33, Jan.-Feb..
- Warr, Peter G, 1983. "Domestic Resource Cost as an Investment Criterion," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(2), pages 302-06, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.