El Instituto de Desarrollo Agrario (IDA), el desarrollo productivo y el bienestar social en el medio rural de Costa Rica. análisis evaluativo sobre el cumplimiento de sus objetivos y funciones
[The Agrarian Development Institute (IDA, the Productive Development and the Social Welfare in the Rural Areas of Costa Rica: An Evaluative Analysis About its Objectives and Functions Achivement.(in Spanish)]
AbstractIn this document is presented the main results obtained with the research, about the objective and functions achievement of the Development Agrarian Institute of Costa Rica. This institution was created in 1961, with the name of National Institute of Lands and Colonization (ITCO). In the 80’s decade its name and functions was modified and received the actual name. The agrarian policies and the institutional work, mostly in the land redistributions actions, play and important role in the rural areas transformation and in the economic and social stability of this country, in contrast with the neighbors Central American nations. During the 80’s decade the rural institutions suffered a relevant reduction in their personal number and in their budgets. This situation affects their capacity to achieve the objectives and functions assigned by the law frame. In the IDA case, besides, some corruptions scandals, contribute to decline its public image and its political capacity level. The study concludes with some institutional transformations recommendations, in order to strength its impact in the rural areas and in the rural territorial development strategies that are necessaries to poverty alleviation and to increase the welfare in the Costa Rican rural territories.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 2308.
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
Rural Development; Rural Institutions of social development; Agrarian policies; Evaluation of institutional objectives and functions; Rural families;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- Q1 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture
- H1 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H75 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Government: Health, Education, and Welfare
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-03-24 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mora-Alfaro, Jorge, 2013.
"Desarrollo rural y ciudadanía social: Territorios, instituciones y actores locales
[Rural Development and Social Citizenship: Territories, Institutions and Local Actors]," MPRA Paper 46671, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.