A theoretical overview of the interactions between entrepreneurship and strategic management
AbstractThis work provides a useful emphasis on the interactions between entrepreneurship and strategic management. The causes of individual entrepreneurial action and strategic management process constitute the primary interest of the researcher. Both the individual entrepreneur and the environment as it relates to the motives of individual entrepreneurial behavior are considered. Strategic management is the process of assessing the corporation and its environment in order to meet the long-term objectives of the organization. It refers to the series of decisions taken by management to determine the long-term objectives of the organization and the means to achieve these objectives. Once a mission has been established, strategies are developed to pursue it. An organization must develop a form of strategic management to control these strategies. Through strategic management, an organization can handle its mission while at the same time assessing the relationship of the organization to its environment. The convergence of entrepreneurship and strategic management is being driven partly by time and responsiveness – speed of innovation and actions taken in the marketplace.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 21943.
Date of creation: 12 Mar 2010
Date of revision:
Entrepreneurship; management; organization; strategy; strategic management; strategic management process; entrepreneurial behavior.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M0 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - General
- M1 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executive Compensation
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-04-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2010-04-17 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ENT-2010-04-17 (Entrepreneurship)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.