The Risk of Operational Incidents in Banking Institutions
AbstractBanking-financial institutions are organizations which might be included in the category of complex systems. Consequently, they can be applied after adaptation and particularization, in the general description and assessment methods of the technical or organizational systems. The banking-financial system faces constrains regarding the functioning continuity. Interruptions in continuity as well as operational incidents represent risks which can lead to the interruption of financial flows generation and obviously of profit. Banking incidents include from false banknote, cloned cards, informatics attacks, false identity cards to ATM attacks. The functioning of banking institutions in an incident-free environment generates concern from both risk assessment and forecasting points of view.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 21627.
Date of creation: Dec 2009
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Reliability: Theory & Applications 1(16).1(2010): pp. 72-84
operational risk; banking reliability; complex systems; incident probability; the risk of functioning interruption;
Other versions of this item:
- Isaic-Maniu, Alexandru & Dragan, Irina-Maria, 2009. "The Risk of Operational Incidents in Banking Institutions," MPRA Paper 21622, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- C46 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Specific Distributions
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-04-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2010-04-04 (Banking)
- NEP-RMG-2010-04-04 (Risk Management)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.