Comprehensive Agricultural Development: Opportunities from the current economic crisis
AbstractThis paper explores how the People’s Republic of China (PRC) can turn the challenges posed by the current global economic crisis into opportunities for a more prosperous future. The paper proposes a one-time sharp increase of government investments in the country’s successful albeit constrained Comprehensive Agriculture Development Program (CAD). CAD, a well-established national program, is a natural instrument for raising the quality of life in the PRC’s countryside while expediting land reform and long-term food security.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 21131.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
comprehensive agricultural development; China; rural infrastructure; land reform; food security;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- Q1 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture
- O13 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- Q14 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Finance
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.