Wolfgang Mühlpfordt - ein Vorgänger von Bortkiewicz? Zu den theoretischen Quellen des sogenannten Transformationsproblems
[Wolfgang Mühlpfordt as an predecessor of Bortkiewicz. Concerning the theoretical thresholds of the so-called "transformation problem"]
AbstractThis article will be a contribution to that discussion from a historical point of view. It is shown that the correct mathematical treatment of the transformation between values and prices can already be found in the works of the unknown German economist Wolfgang Mühlpfordt. His writings appeared more than ten years before Bortkiewicz's famous articles were published. Mühlpfordt has developed an approach that is an anticipation of Bortkiewicz's solution and - in some respect - Sraffa's theory too.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 20348.
Date of creation: 1991
Date of revision:
transformation problem of values into production prices; labour value theory; Ladislaus von Bortkiewicz; Wolfgang Mühlpfordt; history of transformation problem;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B51 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Socialist; Marxian; Sraffian
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
- B16 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Quantitative and Mathematical
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Quaas, Friedrun & Quaas, Georg, 1996.
"Jenseits des Transformationsproblems. Vorläufiges Resümee einer Diskussion zum werttheoretischen Ansatz von F. Helmedag
[Beyond the transformation problem. Preliminary result of a discussion abou," MPRA Paper 20529, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Quaas, Friedrun, 1994.
"Wolfgang Mühlpfordt and the ‘transformation problem’: some remarks on articles by Howard and King and Gilibert,"
20228, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 24 Jan 2010.
- Quaas, Friedrun, 1994. "Wolfgang Muhlpfordt and the "Transformation Problem": Some Remarks on Articles by Howard and King and Gilibert," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(3), pages 323-26, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.