The role of equilibrium and disequilibrium in modeling regional growth and decline: a critical reassessment
AbstractWhile unable to copy/paste the abstract, the paper argues that regional differentials in wages and rents are overwhelmingly of an equilibrium nature, with disequilibrium forces having little systematic influence
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 19915.
Date of creation: 1993
Date of revision:
migration; regional growth and decline; amenities; disequilibrium; equilibrium; location;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- N9 - Economic History - - Regional and Urban History
- A1 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J0 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- André Braz Golgher & Carlos Henrique Rosa & Ari Francisco de Araújo Junior, 2005. "The Determinants Of Migration In Brazil," Anais do XXXIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 33th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 148, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Fabian Waltert & Felix Schlaepfer, 2007. "The role of landscape amenities in regional development: a survey of migration, regional economic and hedonic pricing studies," SOI - Working Papers 0710, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Boarnet, Marlon G. & McLaughlin, Ralph B. & Carruthers, John I., 2011.
"Does state growth management change the pattern of urban growth? Evidence from Florida,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 236-252, May.
- John Carruthers & Ralph Mclaughlin & Marlon Boarnet, 2006. "Does State Growth Management Change the Pattern of Urban Growth? Evidence From Florida," ERSA conference papers ersa06p544, European Regional Science Association.
- Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S. & Olfert, M. Rose & Ali, Kamar, 2012. "Dwindling U.S. internal migration: Evidence of spatial equilibrium or structural shifts in local labor markets?," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 375-388.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman & Kamar Ali & M. Rose Olfert, 2008. "The Geographic Diversity of U.S. Nonmetropolitan Growth Dynamics: A Geographically Weighted Regression Approach," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 84(2), pages 241-266.
- Bernardo L. Queiroz & André B. Golgher, 2008. "Human capital differentials across municipalities and states in Brazil," Textos para DiscussÃ£o Cedeplar-UFMG td330, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Stephens, Heather & Partridge, Mark, 2012. "Lake Amenities, Environmental Degradation, and Great Lakes Regional Growth," MPRA Paper 43903, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S. & Ali, Kamar & Olfert, M. Rose, 2010.
"Recent spatial growth dynamics in wages and housing costs: Proximity to urban production externalities and consumer amenities,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 440-452, November.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman & Kamar Ali & M. Rose Olfert, 2009. "Recent Spatial Growth Dynamics in Wages and Housing Costs: Proximity to Urban Production Externalities and Consumer Amenities," Economics Working Paper Series 0906, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- André Braz Golgher & Carlos Henrique Rosa & Ari Francisco de Araújo Junior, 2005. "The determinants of migration in Brazil," Textos para DiscussÃ£o Cedeplar-UFMG td268, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Waltert, Fabian & Schläpfer, Felix, 2010. "Landscape amenities and local development: A review of migration, regional economic and hedonic pricing studies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 141-152, December.
- U. Seppaelae, 1997. "An Evolutionary Model for Spatial Location of Economic Facilities," Working Papers ir97003, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Kim, Ho Yeon, 2012. "Shrinking population and the urban hierarchy," IDE Discussion Papers 360, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.