The Influence of Foreign Direct Investment on Domestic Investment Processes in Latvia
AbstractThe primary aim of the paper is to estimate the extent of FDI influence on domestic investment processes in Latvia. Author analyses the theoretical issues of FDI effect on capital formation process in the host economy. The results of econometric analysis of the total investment model presented in this paper show the evidence of crowding out long-term effect of FDI on investment in Latvia.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 18192.
Date of creation: Sep 2005
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Transport and Telecommunication 1.7(2006): pp. 76-83
foreign direct investment; econometric analysis of the total investment model; crowding in/out effect;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- E0 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General
- E2 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barry P. Bosworth & Susan M. Collins, 1999. "Capital Flows to Developing Economies: Implications for Saving and Investment," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 30(1), pages 143-180.
- Manuel R. AGOSIN & Ricardo MAYER, 2000.
"Foreign Investment In Developing Countries, Does It Crowd In Domestic Investment?,"
UNCTAD Discussion Papers
146, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Manuel Agosin & Roberto Machado, 2005. "Foreign Investment in Developing Countries: Does it Crowd in Domestic Investment?," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 149-162.
- Dainis Stikuts, 2003. "Measuring Output Gap in Latvia," Working Papers 2003/02, Latvijas Banka.
- Yulia Gorbunova & Davide Infante & Janna Smirnova, 2012. "New Evidence On Fdi Determinants: An Appraisal Over The Transition Period," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(2), pages 129-149.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.