Pay and Job Satisfaction: A Comparative Analysis of Different Pakistani Commercial Banks
AbstractThis paper endeavors to study the various factors of job satisfaction among different commercial bankers in Pakistan and highlight the findings by performing statistical techniques like regression and correlation to gauge level of significance for the factor. Pay has been considered as the major factor for job satisfaction however other related factors like promotion, recognition, job involvement and commitment are also taken into account. Job satisfaction is an attitude of an employee over a period of his job so the factors of satisfaction and dissatisfaction changes over the period. It is a relative term and is nowadays used as a key factor to gauge the performance of a particular employee and organization. Satisfied employees are more likely to be friendly and responsive which attracts customers. Dissatisfied employees can lead to customer dissatisfaction.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 16059.
Date of creation: 25 Jun 2009
Date of revision:
Job Satisfaction; Pay; Banker;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M0 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - General
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executives; Executive Compensation
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2009-07-11 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-LAB-2009-07-11 (Labour Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:lan:wpaper:1022 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nguyen, Anh & Taylor, Jim & Bradley, Steve, 2003.
"Relative pay and job satisfaction: some new evidence,"
1382, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- J Taylor & Steve Bradley & A N Nguyen, 2003. "Relative pay and job satisfaction: some new evidence," Working Papers 541451, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.