Población Municipal en los Censos del Siglo XX
[Municipal Population in XX Century Censuses]
AbstractThis paper presents a homogenous database for the Spanish population at municipal level as well as some results related to the location of the population on the territory throughout the XX century. The database reconstructs the de jure population of 8.108 municipalities that appear in the 2001 census. The reconstruction has been made maintaining the municipal boundaries that existed in that census, which was the last one made in Spain, with the purpose of guaranteeing the temporary homogeneity of the series. Using this database, we can see the changes in the location of the population in Spain between 1900 and 2001, which allows us to offer accurate quantifications of phenomena that, in general terms, are already known by specialists.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 15825.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision: 2007
Publication status: Published in Ciudad y Territorio 154.XXXIX(2007): pp. 639-656
Población urbana; Censos municipales;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- J10 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - General
- J19 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Other
- B25 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary; Austrian
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.