Iran’s Banking and Monetary Problems
AbstractIran has had many self-imposed economic crises. Many of which relate to the poorly managed banking system as well as flawed monetary and fiscal policy. Inefficiency of the banking-monetary system in Iran is a well known fact. A complete overhaul of the current system should be one of the essential priorities of any economic reformation and development. The banking-monetary system of any country has a key role in its economic efficiency and strength, price stability, production, and economic growth. The main functions of a banking-monetary system are to provide fiscal resources, to prepare ground for optimal allocation of capital in the economy, to distribute the wealth in the best possible way, and to ease economic development. This is particularly important in Iran because capital markets are underdeveloped.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 15790.
Date of creation: Jun 2009
Date of revision:
Iran; Banking; Monetary Policy; Fiscal Policy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2009-07-03 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-MAC-2009-07-03 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2009-07-03 (Monetary Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Naghshineh-Pour, Amir, 2008. "A Review and Analysis of Iran’s Current Economic Status," MPRA Paper 13313, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Naghshineh-Pour, Amir, 2009. "Financial Crisis, Iranian Style," MPRA Paper 13282, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 09 Feb 2009.
- Dehghan Nejad, Omid, 2010. "A Note on the Post-Revolution Iranian Economy and the Banking Sector," MPRA Paper 26766, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dehghan Nejad, Omid, 2011. "The review of financial repression policies and banking system in Iran," MPRA Paper 30924, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.