Gordon and Newell queueing networks and copulas
AbstractIn this paper we have found an analytical formula for a copula that connects the numbers Ni of customers in the nodes of a Gordon and Newell queueing network. We have considered two cases: the first one is the case of the network with 2 nodes, and the second one is the case of the network with at least 3 nodes. The analytical formula for the second case has been found for the most general case (none of the constants from a list is equal to a given value), and the other particular cases have been obtained by limit.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 15769.
Date of creation: Dec 2007
Date of revision: May 2009
Publication status: Published in Yugoslav Journal of Operations Research 1.19(2009): pp. 101-112
Gordon and Newell queueing networks; copulas.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C65 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Miscellaneous Mathematical Tools
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- C46 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Specific Distributions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mereuta, Cezar & Albu, Lucian liviu & Ciuiu, Daniel, 2010. "Classification of competitiveness types using copula," MPRA Paper 30314, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2010.
- Ciuiu, Daniel, 2012. "Copulas having Zero-Isoline and Economic Applications," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(2), pages 103-126, June.
- Ciuiu, Daniel, 2010. "Simulation of queueing systems with many stations and of queueing networks using copulas," MPRA Paper 27018, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 2010.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.