Simulation of queueing systems with many stations and of queueing networks using copulas
AbstractIn this paper we will generate queueing systems with c stations where the inter-arrival time and the c service times depend through a c+1 copula C. We will consider two models: first when the customer does not know the order of service times for the free service channels (he/she chooses the service channel randomly), and the second when he/she knows this order (he/she chooses the fastest free service channel). The marginals can be exponential, Erlang or hyper-exponential.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 27018.
Date of creation: Apr 2010
Date of revision: Sep 2010
Publication status: Published in Scientific Journal Mathematical Modeling in Civil Engineering 3.6(2010): pp. 72-86
Queueing systems; copula; simulation.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-12-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2010-12-04 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2010-12-04 (Microeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ciuiu, Daniel, 2007. "Gordon and Newell queueing networks and copulas," MPRA Paper 15769, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 2009.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.