Organización Rural, Desarrollo Territorial y Sostenibilidad Ambiental en el Caribe de Costa Rica: El Caso del Área de Conservación Tortuguero
[Rural Organization, Territorial Development and Sustainability Environmental in the Caribbean of Costa Rica: The Case of Tortuguero Conservation Area]
AbstractThe rural areas of Costa Rica suffered significant transformations as a consequence of two phenomenon: In one hand, the long tendency to economical, political and cultural global integration living by the most diverse nations in the contemporary time. In the other hand, the reorientation of the growth economy model and the institutional reform introduced since the 80 decade in this country. In this document are presented the main discoveries obtained with the evaluating study about the impact of these economic and political changes in Tortuguero Conservation Area (ACTo), focused in the rural organizations development. The main tendencies follow up by the productive, environmental, institutional and social processes, occurred in this rural territory, allow to perceive the context conditions in which the local rural organizations development happened and the opportunities and challenges that they confront in the present time.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 1521.
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
Rural development; territorial approach; sustainability; agriculture and environment; conservation areas; institutional change;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q52 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Pollution Control Costs; Distributional Effects; Employment Effects
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2007-01-28 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2007-01-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2007-01-28 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2007-01-28 (Economic Geography)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mora-Alfaro, Jorge, 2009.
"Marco de análisis sobre la relevancia de los programas de maestría para el desarrollo territorial en América Central y en los Andes
[Analysis framework of the relevance of the master degree prog," MPRA Paper 14976, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mora, J., 2009. "Marco de análisis sobre la relevancia de los programas de maestría para el desarrollo territorial en América Central y en los Andes," Working papers 036, Rimisp Latin American Center for Rural Development.
- Mora-Alfaro, Jorge, 2013.
"Desarrollo rural y ciudadanía social: Territorios, instituciones y actores locales
[Rural Development and Social Citizenship: Territories, Institutions and Local Actors]," MPRA Paper 46671, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.