Apples and oranges: relative growth rate of consumer price indices
AbstractHeadline CPI, core CPI, and indices for various small expenditure categories were analyzed. Sustainable long-term linear trends have been found in the difference between the headline CPI and these indices. Overall, the results completely support our previous findings for such principal categories as energy, food, housing, etc. One should return to relative price of apples and oranges in order to explain these linear trends in terms of the mainstream economics.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 13587.
Date of creation: 22 Feb 2009
Date of revision:
CPI; core CPI; expenditure categories; price index;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - General
- E37 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2009-02-28 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MKT-2009-02-28 (Marketing)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ivan O. Kitov & Oleg I. Kitov, 2010.
"Crude oil and motor fuel: Fair price revisited,"
- Ivan O. Kitov, 2009.
"What is the best firm size to invest?,"
- Kitov, Ivan, 2009. "ConocoPhillips and Exxon Mobil stock price," MPRA Paper 15334, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ivan O. KITOV & Oleg I. KITOV, 2009.
"Sustainable Trends In Producer Price Indices,"
Journal of Applied Research in Finance Bi-Annually,
ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(1), pages 43-51, June.
- Ivan Kitov, 2012.
"ConocoPhillips' share price model revisited,"
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.