The prospects for Romania and state of the conduct ISPA Program
AbstractEuropean Union countries recorded growth rates differ. Therefore, the European policy of regional development aimed at ensuring heterogeneously and achieve the objective of convergence at European level must take into account the steps taken by each country, especially in if new countries joined. The paper presents the implementation in 2000-2006 ISPA program and also conducted an analysis of how to attract European funds and how meeting the targets envisaged in the Accession Partnership between the European Union and Romania to meet national modernization of transport infrastructure and environment. Analysis shows serious dysfunction in ISPA funds absorption compared with funds allocated although, in terms of allocation of funds by the European Commission, Romania is in second place after Poland.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 12880.
Date of creation: 06 Jan 2009
Date of revision:
structural funds; regional development; convergence; strategy; Operational Program; the European Union;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
- F42 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - International Policy Coordination and Transmission
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- H76 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Other Expenditure Categories
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.