دور بورصة النيل فى تنمية المشروعات الصغيرة والمتوسطة فى مصر
[The role of the Nile Stock Exchange in the development of Small and medium-sized enterprises in Egypt]
AbstractSmall and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) play a crucial role in the Egyptian economy, in term of their contribution to the GDP and total employment. Yet, their contribution in capital formation is very limited, mainly because of the finance constraints they face. Consequently, to improve the SMEs access to finance, the creation of a junior exchange is a must. In this context, the Cairo and Alexandria Stock Exchanges (CASE) just launched a new platform; that is Nile Stock Exchange with new listing rules and regulations that focus on a cost-effective regulatory regime adapted to the needs and characteristics of SMEs. This research aims to study the role of the Nile Stock Exchange in the development of Small and medium-sized enterprises in Egypt
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 12364.
Date of creation: Dec 2008
Date of revision:
SMEs; industrial structure; Stock Exchange; NILEX; Egypt;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
- K22 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Business and Securities Law
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2009-01-03 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CWA-2009-01-03 (Central & Western Asia)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.