Report NEP-ARA-2009-01-03This is the archive for NEP-ARA, a report on new working papers in the area of MENA - Middle East & North Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Meschi, Elena & Taymaz, Erol & Vivarelli, Marco, 2008. "Trade Openness and the Demand for Skills: Evidence from Turkish Microdata," IZA Discussion Papers 3887, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ahmad Alachkar, 2008. "Household Expenditure on Cigarettes and Tobacco in Syria," Studies in Economics 0818, Department of Economics, University of Kent.
- Aristovnik, Aleksander, 2008. "How sustainable are fiscal deficits? Evidence from Mediterranean countries," MPRA Paper 12317, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christophe Muller, 2008. "Anti-Poverty Transfers without Riots in Tunisia," IDEP Working Papers 0801, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France, revised Mar 2008.
- Agerström, Jens & Rooth, Dan-Olof, 2008. "Implicit Prejudice and Ethnic Minorities: Arab-Muslims in Sweden," IZA Discussion Papers 3873, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Eli Berman & Jacob N. Shapiro & Joseph H. Felter, 2008. "Can Hearts and Minds Be Bought? The Economics of Counterinsurgency in Iraq," NBER Working Papers 14606, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alaya MAROUANE (Université of Tunis) & Dalila NICET-CHENAF (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113) & Eric ROUGIER (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113), 2008. "The law of growth and attraction: an endogenous model of absorptive capacities, FDI and income for MENA countries," Cahiers du GREThA 2008-27, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Alasrag, Hussien, 2008.
"دور بورصة النيل فى تنمية المشروعات الصغيرة والمتوسطة فى مصر
[The role of the Nile Stock Exchange in the development of Small and medium-sized enter," MPRA Paper 12364, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ibrahim L. Awad, 2008. "Switching to the Inflation Targeting Regime: Does it necessary for the case of Egypt?," Working Papers IES 2008/34, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Dec 2008.
- Hasan, Zubair, 2008. "Markets and the role of government in an economy from Islamic perspective," MPRA Paper 12233, University Library of Munich, Germany.