Perspectives of Agro-based Industry of Barrge Area of Sindh
AbstractThis study is perspective of agro-based industry of Tharparkar, and fourth chapter of the thesis of Ph.D submitted in 2002. In this study perspective of agro-based industry is discussed. Main topics of the study are: Crops, Non-crops, Livestock, Fishing, Poultry and Edible oil. Secondary data from different resources is collected to indicate the perspectives of agro-based industry. Purpose of the study was to give the complete picture of perspectives of the study for proper occlusions and recommendations for policy maker to get the Tharparkar better economically and socially. Study reveals that Thar depends on livestock and not corps People of Thar are poor and they have strong attachment with in the crops. In spite of uncertainty of rain people like it and take risk. Dairy products are not so income generating due the fact that milk taken out butter is used for personal nutrition and somewhat for saleable, there is no market for sale in villages. However poultry farm system does not exist only few people rare it in informal way. From all these discussion it is clear that only livestock is main agro-based industry and source of income. However in future if developed may increase income and alleviate poverty.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 12301.
Date of creation: 20 Dec 2008
Date of revision: 20 Dec 2008
Agro-Based Industry; Livestock; Rangeland Plantation; Tharparkar; Perspectives;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D18 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Protection
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- P17 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Performance and Prospects
- H53 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Welfare Programs
- P28 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Natural Resources; Environment
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- H51 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Health
- P21 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Planning, Coordination, and Reform
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- H52 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Education
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.