The Innovation and Entrepreneurship Latinamerican Scoreborard: The impact of University-Industry Cooperation in Ecuador
AbstractOne of the structural problems in Latin-American has been the lower innovative capacity and lower generation of economically exploitable knowledge. This phenomenon has been produced by the absence of government’s incentives and strategies in order to be competitive inside the Knowledge Based Economy. More concretely, political, institutional and social factors have contributed negatively within this reality. As a consequence, the knowledge generation in this region is insufficient not only to satisfy its necessities but also to be competitive in the global context. At difference, the developing regions have recognized the significance impact of R&D investment and Education in their sustainable growth.This report uses the methodology proposed by the European Commission in the study about the “European Innovation Scoreboard 2007”. Specifically, this methodology is adapted at the Latin-American reality. In summary, the results will provide the current picture of the innovation and entrepreneurship in Latin-American Countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 10732.
Date of creation: 07 Jul 2008
Date of revision:
Innovation; Entrepreneurship; Economic Growth;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- O3 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights
- O4 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-10-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2008-10-07 (Education)
- NEP-ENT-2008-10-07 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-KNM-2008-10-07 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.