Delocalizzazione Produttiva E Ammortizzatori Sociali. La Tessitura Monti Spa
[Internationalization and redundancies: the case of Monti Textile Group Spa]
AbstractThis article deals with the restructuring of the production process at the Monti textile group. The Group has delocalized a significant part of its textile production in two plants in Cekia and has opened a new plant in India. The Cekia plants send their product to Italy to be finished, while the Indian plant is vertically integrated and aims at the new emerging markets. This new strategy had deep effects on the level of employment in the Treviso province, where the Italian main plant is located. The emergency has been faced by the use of several labor market in-struments: contratti di solidarietà, cassa integrazione guadagni and liste di mobilità that have allowed a gradual exit of some workers towards retirement and have provided room for a qualifica-tion and re-employment of the majority of redundant workers. This experiment proves interesting and is the result of workers’ stiff opposition to massive firings, of the trade unions’ action and of the willigness of the Monti Group.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 10357.
Date of creation: Aug 2008
Date of revision:
Publication status: Forthcoming in Economia e società regionale 2.2008(2008): pp. 63-82
occupazione; controversie di lavoro; contratto di solidarietà; catena del valore; internazionalizzazione; Gruppo Tessile Monti; Veneto;
Other versions of this item:
- Giuseppe Tattara & Desirèe Campagnol, 2008. "Delocalizzazione produttiva e ammortizzatori sociali. La Tessitura Monti Spa," ECONOMIA E SOCIETÀ REGIONALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2008(2).
- J65 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies - - - Unemployment Insurance; Severance Pay; Plant Closings
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J68 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies - - - Public Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giuseppe Tattara, 2012. "Flexible Strategy for Small and Medium-sized Multinationals in Asia," Working Papers 2012_06, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari", revised 2012.
- Tattara, Giuseppe, 2012. "From competitive advantage to dynamic capabilities: small and medium-sized multinationals in Asia," MPRA Paper 39364, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.