Overfishing in the Philippine Commercial Marine Fisheries Sector
AbstractRecently, marine fisheries are threatened by the current rate of overfishing, which if unabated may lead to the collapse of the fisheries sector. Past studies have been limited in scope, providing analysis based on groupings of species while disregarding unemployment implications of reduction in overfishing. To address these gaps and to shed light on the issues cited are the concern of the paper. In addition, this hopes to contribute useful information for the management of commercial fisheries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Philippine Institute for Development Studies in its series Discussion Papers with number DP 1997-01.
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
overfishing; marine sector; maximum sustainable yield; open access yield; port reduction;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Panayotou, T. & Jetanavanich, S., 1987. "The economics and management of Thai marine fisheries," Working Papers, The WorldFish Center, number 589.
- Danilo C. Israel & Cesar P. Banzon, 1998. "Overfishing in the Philippine Marine Fisheries Sector," EEPSEA Research Report rr1998011, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Jan 1998.
- Panayotou, Theodore & Jetanavanich, Songpol, 1987. "The economics and management of Thai marine fisheries," Technical Reports 44681, Worldfish Center.
- Trinidad, A.C. & Pomeroy, R.S. & Corpuz, P.V. & Agâ¿ero, M., 1993. "Bioeconomics of the Philippine small pelagics fishery," Working Papers, The WorldFish Center, number 7817.
- Briones, Roehlano M., 2000. "Property Rights Reform in Philippine Agriculture: Framework for Analysis and Review of Recent Experience," Discussion Papers DP 2000-29, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aniceto Orbeta).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.