The Role of the ISO in U.S. Electricity Markets: A Review of Restructuring in California and PJM
AbstractDespite their design differences, both the California and the Pennsylvania-New Jersey-Maryland markets provide explicit roles for competition in the scheduling functions while allowing the ISO to manage the spot market. Experience has shown that both can work.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton in its series Papers of Peter Cramton with number 99ej.
Length: 11 pages
Date of creation: 01 Apr 1999
Date of revision: 01 Apr 1999
Publication status: Published in Electricity Journal, 12:4, April 1999, pages 71-81.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Economics Department, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742-7211
Phone: (202) 318-0520
Fax: (202) 318-0520
Web page: http://www.cramton.umd.edu
Auctions; Electicity Restructuring;
Other versions of this item:
- Cameron, Lisa & Cramton, Peter, 1999. "The Role of the ISO in U.S. Electricity Markets: A Review of Restructuring in California and PJM," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 71-81, April.
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Auctions
- L97 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Utilities: General
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Natalia Fabra & Nils‐Henrik Fehr & David Harbord, 2006.
"Designing electricity auctions,"
RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation,
RAND Corporation, vol. 37(1), pages 23-46, 03.
- Sandro Sapio, 2004.
"Market Design, Bidding Rules, and Long Memory in Electricity Prices,"
LEM Papers Series, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy
2004/07, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Sandro Sapio, 2004. "Markets Design, Bidding Rules, and Long Memory in Electricity Prices," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, Programme National Persée, vol. 107(1), pages 151-170.
- Arciniegas, Ismael & Barrett, Chris & Marathe, Achla, 2003. "Assessing the efficiency of US electricity markets," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 75-86, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Cramton).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.